Top Local Attractions
1. Beaches. With 32 kms of coastline to choose from you are in the perfect location for a beach holiday. Located opposite Lighthouse beach and up the road from Shelly beach, we are close by to Byron Bay the surfing hotspot of Lennox Head and Yamba to the South.
2. Surfing: The perfect location for a surfing holiday or for beginners or intermediate surfers a Learn to Surf lessons. http://soulsurfschool.com.au/
3. Whale Watching: From Jun to Nov we are perfectly positioned to whale watch. Being close to Byron Bay, the most Easterly point in Australia, you will see the whales at their closest point to the coast. Ballina Lighthouse just down the road from the Resort offers the perfect viewpoint.
4. Kayaking Tours: Book a guided kayak tour of Ballina River and Coastline with Ballina Kayaks – or alternatively Cape Byron Kayaks offers dolphin tours out of Byron Bayhttp://kayakballina.com/
5. Golf: Ballina Golf Course is conveniently located near the resort and is known as ‘The Garden Course’ of the Northern Rivers. Featuring easy walking, lush fairways, perfect greens and shady trees it is a family friendly club and welcomes all visitors. Another two golf course options are the Byron Bay and Ocean Shores courses. http://www.ballinagolfclub.com.au/
6. Macadamia Castle: With an Animal Park, Mini Golf Course, Train Rides, Playgrounds, Flying Fox, Café, Nut Bar, Fine Food section and Retail store you can be sure of a full day’s entertainment and education. Great for the whole family. http://www.macadamiacastle.com.au/
7. Crystal Castle: A short scenic journey into the hinterland of Byron Bay lies a faraway magical place. The private botanical gardens are filled with extraordinary crystals, statues sub tropical plantlife and more. Get your aura read, purchase your own crystal from the retail shop and enjoy walking through the beautiful grounds http://www.crystalcastle.com.au/
8. Local Markets: The Northern Rivers is renowned for amazing local markets. With a market on every weekend around the region you will not miss out. From handcrafted art and homewares to delicious, healthy and multicultural foods, to unique and vintage fashion, the markets are an ideal place to shop, dine, be entertained and pick up a souvenir of your time spent in this beautiful region. http://www.galah.com.au/market-guide.html
9. Ballina Waterslides: Located in the centre of the Ballina CBD on the beautiful Richmond river, the Ballina Pool and Waterslide is a great place for the individual swimmer, aspiring swimmer and the entire family to have a splash and fun in a safe and beautiful pools and waterslide. Facilities include three pools and two waterslides.http://www.ballinawaterslide.com.au/site/Bws/index.cfm
10. Mt Warning: Known as the Green Cauldron Mt Warning, located in Wollumbin National Park, is the central core of the Southern Hemisphere’s largest extinct shield volcano. It is the first place on Australian mainland to be touched by the morning sun. To climb to the summit to watch the dawn of a new day is a must for all adventurers.http://www.mtwarningrainforestpark.com/the-experience
11. Fishing: A great place for fishing with the Richmond River so close to the Resort and a number of great spots to drop a line or alternatively go deep sea fishing for a day with Ballina Charters. http://www.ballinacharters.com/
12. Beach Horse Riding: Nestled amongst the cane fields on the North Coast of NSW just 15 minutes from Ballina, Tassiriki Ranch occupies 40 acres of lush grasslands just 800 meters from secluded South Ballina Beach. Beach horse riding activities are available 7 days a week depending on demand. http://www.tassirikiranch.com.au/
13. Ballina Pathways: Ballina has over 14 kilometres of shared pathways perfect for cycling, jogging, skateboarding, rollerblading or walking. Fun, healthy and cost effective activities for all ages.
14. Lake Ainsworth: located in nearby Lennox Head, Lake Ainsworth is a fresh water lagoon that is permanently discoloured by tea tree tanins leaching from the trees that surround the lake. The tea tree water is said to have health giving and rejuvenating properties. It is a great place for swimming, kayaking & canoeing.
15. Alstonville Heritage Trail: Starting at the Crawford House Museum and finishing at the Federal Hotel, this trail will introduce the historical delights of Alstonville historically known as Duck Creek Mountain. Developed by the Alstonville Plateau Historical Society this trail encompasses many of the buildings and parks still present from settlement times.
16. Nightcap National Park: a 45 minute drive from Ballina offering a number of spectacular walking tracks including The Big Scrub Loop (1.5 km, 45 min, moderate), Rocky Creek Dam Walk (2 km one way, 45 min, moderate), Minyon Loop (7.5 km, 4 1/2 hr, moderate - hard) and the Boggy Creek Walk (2 kms, 45 mins, easy).
17. Killen Falls, Tintenbar: located 10 minutes from Ballina, these lively waterfalls plunge into the rainforest galley, deep enough in the middle for a swim. This spot is best visited after some rain so it’s nice and full. The basin area has flat enough ground to picnic and lay out as you gaze up at trees and ferns.
18. Hot Air Ballooning: With Byron Bays Ballooning’s one hour hot air balloon flights you will experience a breath taking panoramic view of ‘the green cauldron’, floating gently above the undulating lush green hills with views to the Mt Warning volcanic caldera to the north and the coastline and beaches to the east. http://www.byronbayballooning.com.au
19. Summerland House Farm - House with no Steps: has fun for all the family. With the waterpark, playground and minigolf course for the kids and the beautiful grounds to relax in for the parents as well as the new Tractor tour there is plenty to do. The Farm’s gift shop and nursery has a great selection of plants and gifts and the ‘Grocer” is a one stop shop for regional produce and gourmet hampers. http://www.summerlandhousefarm.com.au/
20. Local Art Galleries: The Northern Rivers Community Gallery presents a changing program of exhibitions by artists from across the Northern Rivers and beyond. Visitors can enjoy exhibitions, artist demonstrations and workshops.
21. Cruise the Richmond River 2 hour cruises onboard the River Princess with stunning views, interesting commentary and delicious food served on board.. http://rrcruises.com.au/
22. Helicopter Tours. Take a joy flight in a fixed wing aircraft or buzz around in a helicopter for amazing views of the coastline and hinterland. http://www.airtg.com.au/
23. The Farm Byron Bay There's lots to do and see, so come and say hi, take a wander around the place and check out our farm animals, stroll past our paddocks and treat yourself to something nourishing from the café and farm shop. http://thefarmbyronbay.com.au/